What is NZRSE Conference?
Within the research sector, there is a growing number of people who combine expertise in programming with an intricate understanding of research. Although this combination of skills is extremely valuable, these people lack a formal place in the academic system. This means there is no easy way to recognise their contribution, to reward them, or to represent their views.
A community-driven event
In June 2020, NeSI decided to rebrand its successful Science Coding Conference to be named the NZ Research Software Engineers (RSE) Conference. Motivation for the change is two-fold:
- to include people from all research communities who work on the cusp of technical and research domains, and
- to more fully align with the goals of the Australia / New Zealand RSE community.
Initiated in the UK, the RSE movement is a global phenomena with many associations now set-up around the world. In line with that global trend, New Zealand’s community of research software users and developers has steadily grown, with more roles and numbers of people at the intersection of software and research.
- Submissions close - 13 August 2021
- Registrations close - 8 September 2021
- Conference dates - 15-17 September 2021