About the Event
This event is now over. Learn more about the National PID Strategy and Roadmap.
About the event, held on 20 February 2023.
Persistent Identifiers (PIDs) are a core component of national research and innovation infrastructure and key to world class, global research infrastructure.
The ARDC is coordinating the collaborative development of a National PID Strategy and Roadmap to accelerate research and innovation and we’d welcome your input. Please join us to explore what our aspirations are for PIDs over the coming 5 years and how best we might achieve this.
We invite stakeholders from the research and innovation sector including research organisations, government and the broader community who care about data.
At the Workshop, we will:
- build a shared understanding of the national and international context (common challenges) in which the Strategy and Roadmap are being developed
- elicit input into an aspirational 5 year vision
- understand how well we are positioned to realise the vision
- gather ideas for quick wins and how best these can be achieved – opportunities and barriers
- agree on next steps and seek volunteers to assist in targeted working groups.
The hybrid workshop will be held on 20th February from 10 am to 3pm (AEDT) in-person at the Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra or online.