About the Event
As part of the 10th anniversary of the Research Data Alliance (RDA), the ARDC is hosting an interactive panel discussion on what it means to be a data steward and the latest opinions and trends in data stewardship.
- Introduction the panel
- Data stewardship in Europe and Australasia
- Questions from the audience
The panel comprises research support professionals from Europe and Australasia:
- Alexis Tindall, Manager Digital Stewardship, University of Adelaide, who leads the development of the University of Adelaide Library’s Data Steward Competency Framework and subsequent training development as supported by the ARDC’s Institutional Underpinnings program
- Chloe Mackallah, Data Steward, CSIRO Environment and a climate data scientist, who works with global and regional climate models and associated large data archives and is currently testing out the role of data steward in CSIRO Environment
- Esther Plomp, Data Steward, Faculty of Applied Sciences, TU Delft, who is also a member of several open science communities, including The Turing Way and OLS
- Mijke Jetten, FAIR Data Lead, Health RI, who is leading the professionalisation of data stewardship in the Netherlands, which culminated in the agreement and implementation of official job profiles for data stewards
- Nida van Leersum and Saba Sharma, Training Coordinators, 4TU.ResearchData, who are leading curriculum development for data stewards as part of the European project Skills4EOSC
- Simone Richter, former project lead for CSIRO’s Data Stewardship project, who was testing out the role of a data steward in CSIRO Science business units.
Who Should Attend
This event is especially aimed at Australasian professional support staff, but anyone is welcome to come along to learn and engage with our panel of experts.
Do you have questions about this event? Contact us.