About the Event
After an amazing first year with over 140 attendees, the RSE Asia Australia Unconference is back for a second time under the theme “Silos to Synergy: Achieving Collaboration Across Domains”.
An unconference is where the agenda is created by the attendees at the beginning of the meeting. Anyone who wants to initiate a discussion on a topic can claim a time and a space.
For this particular unconference, we will create breakout groups for the top 3 topics for each session. At the start of each day, we will have an introduction session to provide the participants with some ideas on what they might want to discuss during the conference. We aim to summarise topics and make these available publicly after the unconference.
In addition to the unconference, the strategy and policy panel will be back with keynotes from:
- Kiowa Scott-Hurley, early-career HPC and AI eResearcher, Defence Science and Technology Group
- Prof Athula Ginige, CEO of WIDYA and Professor of Information Technology, Western Sydney University.
This will be run as a participant-first online unconference to ensure you have a say on how we develop the community and to allow you to share your valuable technical and social knowledge of research software with the community.
We will have 3 sessions in which discussion topics are suggested by the participants and one poster session. You can participate by:
- registering for the conference,
- suggesting, voting and commenting on discussion topics
- submitting a poster, and voting and commenting on posters.
Learn more on the RSE Asia Australia Unconference 2023 website.
Do you have questions about this event? Email [email protected].