Research Software Rights Management Guide
The Research Software Rights Management Guide addresses the types of open source licences and other considerations you (as a researcher) should have in deciding which licence to adopt for sharing.
- Permissive Licences
- Copyleft Licences
- Considerations when selecting a licence
- What licences are incorporated into my software?
- Are there implications for where I host my software?
- Do I want derivatives, additions and distributions to use the same licence?
- Can others use my software in their proprietary software?
- Recommended licences
- Ab initio development and permissive licences
- Copyleft Licences and Incompatibility
- Further Reading and Resources on Licensing
- Popular Open-Source Licences
- Comments on Workflows, Techniques and Algorithms
- Algorithms and Techniques
Did you find this resource useful?
Receive tailored updates on latest digital research news, events, resources, career opportunities and more.