The ARDC Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Dr Ian Oppermann will be joining as an independent Non-executive Director from 10 October 2023.
Most recently Chair of the ARDC Research and Technology Advisory Committee, Ian brings a wealth of experience in data, AI and the digital economy. He is the NSW Government’s Chief Data Scientist and an Industry Professor at the University of Technology Sydney, having over 30 years’ experience in the ICT sector with a track record of entrepreneurialism, business transformation and business growth through partnerships.
Ian holds an MBA from the University of London and a PhD in Mobile Telecommunications from the University of Sydney. He is a:
- Fellow of the Institute of Engineers, Australia (FIEAust)
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE)
- Fellow of the Royal Society NSW (FRSN)
- Fellow and Immediate Past President of the Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
He is also the National Committee President of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the JTC-1 Strategic Advisory Committee, a joint activity with the IEC and the International Standards Organisation (ISO).
The ARDC is funded through the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) to support national digital research infrastructure for Australian researchers.