Identifiers for Instruments Webinar
Learn all about why persistent identifiers (PIDs) for instruments benefit your research.
This 2019 webinar is a great source of information on how identifiers are being created and assigned for instruments in Australia. It presents a use case by the National Imaging Facility and speaks to other experts in the area.
Identifiers for instruments
Persistent Identifiers (PIDs) are long-lasting references to a digital resource and have many benefits. PIDs for instruments:
- enable unambiguous reference to digital representations of instruments
- generate metrics that quantify the use of instruments and the rationale for future funding
- link data to the instruments that generated them (provenance) to help with published papers and data tracking and citation
- aid equipment logistics and mission planning
- improve the discoverability and visibility of instruments and their data, published on the web.
Join the i4iOz community
i4iOZ is our community of practice for people in Australasia who are interested in or actively working on solutions for instruments in the PID space.
Join the i4ioZ community.
Did you find this resource useful?
Receive tailored updates on latest digital research news, events, resources, career opportunities and more.