Data Linkage Webinar Series with PHRN
This 2019 webinar series:
- introduces clinical trial researchers to the PHRN’s facilities and services
- demonstrates the benefits of using linked data in clinical trials research
- helps clinical trial researchers to design trials using linked data.
Data Linkage and Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Data linkage brings together records from different data collections related to the same individual. It’s something to strive for because it’s cost effective, more thorough and allows for greater follow up.
These webinars were supported by the ARDC and developed by the Australian Clinical Trials Alliance, and Australia’s national data linkage network, the Population Health Research Network (PHRN).
The PHRN collates existing health data from around the nation to make it available for research purposes. To date, its infrastructure has not been widely used by clinical trials researchers.
Watch the videos
- PHRN Data Linkage 1 – Designing Clinical Trails using Linked Data – Dr Felicity Flack
- PHRN Data Linkage 2 – Accessing Linked Data – Dr Felicity Flack
- PHRN Data Linkage 3 – Ethical considerations – Dr Felicity Flack
- PHRN Data Linkage 4 – Accessing MBS/PBS data – Dr Anna Kemp-Casey
For more information about these webinars, visit the Australian Clinical Trials Alliance information page.
Did you find this resource useful?
Receive tailored updates on latest digital research news, events, resources, career opportunities and more.