[CLOSED] From 10 April 2019, we are inviting organisations involved in the Australian research sector that have a passion for technologies, techniques, and services that underpin a national research data commons to submit their project proposal to ARDC.
Applicants are invited to submit project proposals that investigate the issues, current and future trends, gaps and requirements in, and for, research storage and compute infrastructures. Projects of up to AU$ 50,000 and with a completion date of 13 September 2019 are eligible for funding.
Who is this project for?
- Research ICT Infrastructure providers
- Publicly Funded Research Agencies
- NCRIS facilities
- Research Institutes
- Medical Research Institutes
- Infrastructure providers
What does this project enable?
Broad involvement from eResearch sector to guide the evolution of an underpinning infrastructure ecosystem that enables and supports a national research data commons. The projects are not meant to be academic reports but rather “doing and then sharing learnings”. The projects themselves should provide meaningful outcomes for research communities and organisations as well as broader learnings for ARDC and the sector. Outputs from these activities will guide key discussions in the future capital and operational investment programs of the ARDC.
- Read more about the aims and application criteria.
- Watch our questions and answers webinar.
- FAQs register.
- Read the news article about launching our Discovery Activities.
- Read the news article about the Storage and Compute open call for project proposals.
- Learn more about Skilled Workforce Discovery Activities.
- Learn more about Data and Services Discovery Activities.
- Learn more about the ARDC Discovery Projects.