This project will deliver a much-needed roadmap to drive data standardisation and interoperability across the Australian All-Sky Virtual Observatory (ASVO), the primary location for Australian astronomical data of national significance. It will determine the path forward to make the ASVO nodes compliant with the FAIR principles and will incorporate International Virtual Observatory Alliance (IVOA) interoperability standards and protocols.
Who is this project for?
Australian astronomy community.
AAL will lead this project with support from the ASVO coordinator and collaborate with five key Australian astronomy research institutes:
- Swinburne University of Technology for ASVO TAO node;
- Australian National University for ASVO SkyMapper Node;
- Macquarie University for ASVO Data Central Node;
- Curtin University for ASVO MWA Node; and
- CSIRO for ASVO CASDA Node.
What does this project enable?
The roadmap will determine the path forward to make the ASVO nodes compliant with the FAIR principles and will enable better data interoperability across both national (ASVO) and international astronomy data centers.