This project will integrate biodiversity data to support Australia’s National State of the Environment (SoE) report.
Rich biodiversity data comes from National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS)-supported facilities ALA, TERN and IMOS. The newly developed data assets, which will be findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR), will add significant value to the SoE report, and other areas such as environmental accounting and impact assessments.
The SoE report is produced every five years to meet the commonwealth’s statutory reporting obligations and relies extensively on high quality national environmental data.
Who is this project for?
- Research organisations
- Government (state and commonwealth)
- Data analysts
What does this project enable?
This project will enable streamlined national reporting of biodiversity information, using the SoE 2021 report as a focus. Data linkages and summary formats will provide easy-to-access information on indicators and trends. Data pipelines developed will enable future continuous updates and integration of new data from partners.
- Read the State of the Environment 2016 report
- Discover Atlas of Living Australia data collections
- Discover TERN data collections
- Discover IMOS data collections and tools
- For reference, the full title of this project is “Ecosystem data integration to support national environmental reporting (State of the Environment)”