The Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) enables the Australian research community and industry access to nationally significant, data intensive digital research infrastructure, platforms, skills and collections of high quality data.
As a national research infrastructure provider, the ARDC facilitates partnerships to develop a coherent research environment that enables researchers to find, access, contribute to and effectively use services to maximise research quality and impact.
The Software Developer is part of a small software development team based in Canberra which is responsible for the development, delivery and maintenance of web-based national services that support research data discovery, connection, publishing, sharing and reuse. The Software Developer will work collaboratively as part of a high-functioning Agile team and will be responsible for contributing to the design, development and success of existing and new services that support the strategy of the ARDC
The Software Developer works under the broad direction of the Development Operations (DevOps) Manager who reports to the Director Data, Policy and Services. To ensure the successful delivery and continuous improvement of systems and services, the Software Developer will be required to establish effective and collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the ARDC, research organisations, government agencies, business system owners and vendors
- A proven background in developing and maintaining web applications in a Linux based environment including a demonstrated ability to code efficiently in one or more of the following languages: - PHP (Laravel or alternative framework) Java (Java Spring preferred)
- Web front-end development experience with one or more of the following: HTML, jQuery, CSS / Bootstrap (or alternative framework), AngularJS, Vue.js or React
- A detailed understanding of database management systems and their use in relationship to the development of web based applications.
- Knowledge of or experience in one or more of the following technologies is highly desirable: XML & XSLT, Solr, Elasticsearch, Neo4j, Docker, Ansible / Puppet
What We Can Offer
- Full Time, Continuing (contingent funded), current contract to 30 June 2023
- Salary package: $103,636 -$110,821 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
- Friendly and collaborative work environment
- Generous leave entitlements and flexible working arrangements
- A challenging and rewarding role
Applications close 4 September 2022.