Streamlining how you access data collections, CSIRO’s new portal interface is here.
Demonstrating the value of data management, our longtime partners CSIRO successfully launched their new and improved Data Access Portal (DAP) on Friday 11 January 2019. With the aim to bring together research data, software and other digital assets across a range of disciplines, the new user interface of the DAP now includes the following improvements:
- Streamlined usability - making it easier than ever to search collections.
- Newly published data, software and services as well as featured collections.
- An enhanced image gallery with multiple view options.
- Domain searches for virus images, pulsar observations, and Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder (ASKAP) data products have been improved.
- Collection landing pages have been reorganised and now highlight reuse information for licences and citations.
The DAP also received the ‘CoreTrustSeal’ in 2018 - a data repository certification that signifies trust and confidence in shared data resources that is proudly featured in the footer of their new portal.
So jump on, have a play and enjoy the new and improved DAP. CSIRO is always looking for ways to streamline your research efforts and would appreciate your feedback on the portal. You are welcome to provide feedback via their Research Data Support link.