Launching the Australian Research Data Common’s Discovery Activities
The development of an Australian research data commons involves us all. To support this, the ARDC are establishing a number of small projects under the Discovery Activities program.
The aim of the Discovery Activities is to gather a range of perspectives and approaches to creating a research data commons for the nation.
To launch the program, the ARDC would like to fund a number of investigative activities to identify issues, gaps and needs within the Data and Services theme. Investigative activities for other themes will take place over the year.
From 1 April 2019, the ARDC is inviting Australian research organisations, service providers and research groups that have a passion for data collections, capacity, capability and coherence to submit their project proposal. Projects up to AU$50,000 and with a completion date of 15 September 2019 are eligible for funding. Submissions close on 1 May 2019.
Outcomes from these small projects will form core discussions and presentations at the ARDC strategic theme based summits that include:
- Coordination and Coherence: Facilitating an Australian research data commons
- People and Policy: Transforming culture and community
- Data and Services: Maximising the value of Australia’s data assets
- Software and Platforms: Enabling research insights
- Storage and Compute: Providing foundation infrastructure
A questions and answers webinar about this funding call will be held Thursday 11 April, 11:30 - 12:30 AEST. Register here.