Research Data Alliance meet and greet Australia tour
At the two hour meet and greet, you will have an opportunity to hear from Hilary Hanahoe, Research Data Alliance (RDA) Secretary General, about the work of the RDA, how you can engage and how its outputs are relevant to you. Local RDA participants will also be on hand to give a short talk about their involvement and why it matters. Refreshments will be provided along with ample opportunity for informal discussion and networking.
Who should attend:
Anyone with an interest in solving research data management and infrastructure challenges at a global scale, such as eResearch staff, researchers, IT specialists, Research Software Engineers, Data Stewards, Librarians and more
Why is this happening?
Ahead of the first Australian Research Data Alliance (RDA) plenary in 2020, the RDA and the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) are collaborating to present an “RDA meet and greet Australia tour” as an opportunity for you to find out more about the work of RDA, meet RDA Secretary General Hilary Hanahoe and hear from local RDA participants.
For more information read our news article about the tour.
Tour dates and locations:
- Wednesday 24 July - ARDC office, 9 Liversidge St, ANU, Acton, ACT, 10am - 12pm
- Friday 26 July - Caulfield Library: Teaching Room 1, Levels 1, Building A, Monash University, 900 Dandenong Road, Caulfield East, VIC, 9am - 11am
- Thursday 1 August - New Law Building, University of Sydney, 10am - 12pm
- Friday 2 August - Don Carruthers room, Level 5, Dorothy Hill Engineering and Sciences Library (Building 50), University of Queensland, Brisbane, 10am - 12pm
- Monday 5 August - HB11-23, University of South Australia Cancer Research Institute, Cnr North Terrace and Morphett Street, Adelaide, 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Tuesday 6 August - The Hemsley Suite, Ground Floor, Reid Library, University of Western Australia, 10am - 12pm