About the Event
Hosted by the Australian Academy of Science’s Early- and Mid-Career Researcher (EMCR) Forum, the Science Pathways Festival is back for a seventh edition to promote professional development in STEM in an inclusive and sustainable online format.
The biennial conference’s theme this time is “Reframing Success”, aligning with several discussions at government level around diversity and the need for modernising research assessment. It will bring together EMCRs from around Australia to explore how they can build diverse, equitable and resilient careers and continue to tackle society’s greatest challenges.
The Festival will include more than 14 events scheduled throughout November. It will open on Monday 6 November with keynote addresses by:
- Professor Chennupati Jagadish AC PresAA FREng FTSE, President of the Australian Academy of Science
- Professor Lisa Harvey-Smith, Australian Government Women in STEM Ambassador.
The Festival features workshops, professional development sessions, panel discussions and presentations covering a wide range of topics, including:
- Building Industry Collaboration and Translating Research Outcomes
- Reframing Research Success 1: National and International Perspectives
- Reframing Research Success 2: EMCR perspectives
- Networking and Socialising Online: How to Build Careers in the Era of Technology
- Indigenous and People of Colour in Stem: Where Are We Now and Why? Where Do We Want To Be and How?
- Programming with Python: Software Carpentry (co-hosted by the ARDC)
- Influencing Decision-Making: Professional Development Session
- Media Training for Researchers from CALD Backgrounds: Professional Development Session
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Presentation
- Empower and Ascend: A Comprehensive Career Growth Workshop for Stem Emcrs
- A History of Queerness in STEM in Australia
- Science Diplomacy: Science Advice, Communication, and Social Responsibility
- Importance of Indigenous Knowledges: Positionality and Worldviews in Science.
Content will be hosted on the Festival’s online platform for 3 months. Tools are also available for social and asynchronous interactions with other attendees.
Who Should Attend
EMCRs are encouraged to join the Festival. We encourage supervisors and line managers to support participation as this is a great opportunity for your reports to improve their research and non-technical skills and to connect with STEM leaders and other EMCRs.
For more information, visit the event website.
Do you have questions about this event? Contact [email protected].