About the Event
The Australian Research Container Orchestration Services (ARCOS) Symposium brings together the research and research infrastructure community using Containers and Kubernetes technologies, in order to foster a collegiate community, discuss use cases, share expertise, and contribute to the development of the ARCOS project.
Learnings from these discussions will be fed back into the ARCOS working groups and contribute to the development of ARCOS services.
Attend the Symposium to:
- hear from research groups and organisations across Australia on how they are using Containers and Kubernetes
- share knowledge and make new connections, and join the community of experts who are working on Containers and Kubernetes for research
- contribute to the design of new services, and help shape community activities such as training and expertise sharing.
Who should attend?
Current ARCOS members, as well as anyone within the Australian research sector developing Kubernetes and container solutions.
- Keynote: Dr Paul Coddington, Associate Director, Research Cloud and Storage, ARDC Nectar Research Cloud
- Handle microservice-based architecture challenges with AWS, Dr Aarthi Natarajan, Senior Technical Trainer, AWS
- ARDC National Jupyter Notebook Service, Mr Andy Botting, Technical Lead, ARDC Nectar Research Cloud
|1 to 1:10 pm||Welcome and Acknowledgement of Country|
|1:10 to 1:30 pm||Keynote|
Dr Paul Coddington, Associate Director, Research Cloud and Storage, ARDC
|1:30 to 1:40 pm||Self-introductions (breakout rooms)|
|1:40 to 2:20 pm||National Jupyter Notebook Service|
Andy Botting, Technical Lead, ARDC
|2:20 to 2:40 pm||Break|
|2:40 to 3:40 pm||Handle microservice-based architecture challenges with AWS|
Dr Aarthi Natarajan, Senior Technical Trainer, AWS
|3:40 to 3:50 pm||Short break|
|3:50 to 4:20 pm||Discussion sessions (breakout rooms)|
|4:20 to 4:50 pm||A Kubernetes cluster for Nextflow Tower for the Australian BioCommons|
Audrey Stott, Systems Administrator, Pawsey Supercomputing Research Centre and Dr Ziad Al Bkhetan, Bioinformatics Application Specialist, Australian Biocommons
|4:50 to 5:00 pm||Closing|
This Symposium is open to all interested parties at no cost. Join us for a half-day session of presentations, discussions, shaping the future of the ARCOS community. Register now for free.
About ARCOS (Australian Research Container Orchestration Services)
ARCOS has been working with the research community to establish a national Kubernetes service. The ARDC and this community are developing the requirements. The ARCOS Working Group meets virtually once a month. If you are based in Australia and interested in or actively working on solutions in this space, we strongly encourage you to join the community via the ARCOS page here.
Have questions? Email [email protected].