The Australian Learned Academies Data Interworking Network project will develop a cohesive agenda across Australia’s Learned Academies to support excellent data-enabled research.
The project will combine the leadership and strategic insights of the Academies with the national data infrastructure expertise of the ARDC.
As part of the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS), this project is an investment in the national data policy and planning infrastructure. A coherent data policy and strategic data planning environment (supported by Australia’s research leadership) is a critical enabling component of the national data infrastructure. This national data policy and planning capability will be established through the project and delivered post-project as part of business as usual activity of Academies with an ongoing partnership with the ARDC.
The aims of the project are to:
- Support and develop the capabilities of Australia’s Learned Academies to provide leadership, advocacy and planning for data-enabled research
- Share these approaches among Academies for a coherent data policy and planning environment
- Align national research data infrastructure with the strategic needs of Academy research domains
- Identify opportunities for joined-up Academy agendas in support of data-enabled research
- Establish a network of data policy and planning capabilities across the Academies.
Participating Learned Academies
All 5 of Australia’s Learned Academies are participating, which are:
- Australian Academy of Science (AAS)
- Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (ATSE)
- Australian Academy of the Humanities (AAH)
- Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia (ASSA)
- Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences (AAHMS)
The ARDC also welcomes the valued assistance of the Australian Council of Learned Academies (ACOLA).
How to get involved
Please contact your Academy to learn how to get involved.
Project proposals were accepted from Australian organisations. Note that the ARDC needs to contract with a legal entity.