Accelerate Your Earth and Environmental Sciences Research
- Learn to analyse biodiversity and ecology data more quickly and easily in the cloud.
- Unlock remotely accessible data, software and cloud computing resources for earth and environmental sciences research.
- Learn to make your data findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR) to maximise the impact of your work.
- Discover, access and reuse data from over 100 Australian data sources, including research organisations, government agencies and cultural institutions.
- Explore how to create, maintain and share your code.
We Are Building Australia’s Research Data Infrastructure
The Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) provides Australian researchers with access to national research data collections, cloud computing, platforms and digital research skills training.
For over 10 years, we have been supporting Australian earth and environmental sciences researchers as they tackle big challenges for our planet, from fighting climate change to saving threatened species and reversing ecosystem deterioration.
We work with all universities in Australia, research institutes, government agencies, overseas organisations and more.
HOW WE SUPPORT EARTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE RESEARCHERS
Associate Professor Rachael Gallagher used AusTraits, a database developed with co-investment from the ARDC, to inform the prioritisation of recovery actions and national-scale conservation planning following the 2019/20 megafires.
Dr Tomas Remenyi has been a champion of using the ARDC’s cloud computing service to hone data-intensive research skills.
Professor Brendan Mackey is one of the experts behind EcoCommons, developed with co-investment from the ARDC.
Professor Brendan Mackey
Our Resources for Earth and Environmental Science Researchers
Through a number of our services and co-investment projects, we provide earth and environmental science researchers with access to trusted data assets, free digital research tools and upskilling materials. Here are 3 of our top resources: